Tuesday 13 September 2011

The New French

I recently came across a video by the uber fabulous Lisa Eldridge, in which she has her nails done by the equally as fabulous Sophy Robson. A look she has named 'The New French'.
You will find it on Lisa's Youtube channel - lisaeldridgedotcom


So I thought I would give this beautiful look a go! And here's how they turned out - 

This was my first attempt, and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!
They were quite a bit easier than I had initially anticipated, and for such a simple idea, I think it gives just the most chic effect!

Just two colours for this look Avon Nailwear Pro in Vanilla Shake and 136 Tangerine by Barry M

- First step was the basecoats as always!
- Next I used three coats of the Vanilla to make it really opaque
-Then after that, I painted two coats of the tangerine across the edge of my nail. You want to go right from the corner of your nail to the middle, and repeat on the other side.
- This can get a bit messy! But don't fear, a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover is your friend here. :)
- Top coat to end.

That really all there is to it!

I think this look is so fabulous and sophisticated, and really suitable for any elegant occasion.

You can find Lisa and Sophy at their respective websites - www.lisaeldridge.com and www.sophyrobson.com.
They're also both on twitter @Lisa_Eldridge and @sophynails

See you all soon!
WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment