Definitely a bit different!
I think this look is super pretty, however it's one for an event I feel, as it didn't last very long....
Anyway let's get started. This look took quite a while to do but I think that's because I'd never done anything like this before and once I got a bit of a roll on, I got through it quite well!
Colours - Barry M 66 Matt White
Barry M 273 Raspberry
- Two basecoats to begin
- Once they're dry I taped off my nails where I wanted the colours to meet -
- Next, two coats of the white.
- Spray of quick dry
- Remove the tape -
- Then paint the rest of the nail with two coats of the red colour
- More quick dry spray! -
- You don't have to worry about the line where the colours meet being too neat, as it will just get covered up with the lace.Obviously it wants to be a bit neat though!
- This is the lace I used-
- I cut sections of the lace to roughly the size of the area of the nail I wanted to cover.
- Next I applied the lace by first painting on a top coat and laying the lace over the top while the varnish was still wet. I did each nail separately beacuase if I did all the top coats and then went onto the lace, the varnish would have dried, and the lace wouldn't stick.
(I hope that makes sense!)-
- Then to finish, I just trimmed round the lace, using nail scissors, so it fit the shape of my nail and gently pressed it down so it would stick.
I really like this look. It was a lot of fun to do, and I like experimenting with different materials other than varnish!
Happy experimenting guys :)