Wednesday 19 October 2011

Day 2 : Classic America

Today's look is more of a literal representation of the old stars and stripes. Here's the look - 



These actually turned out a lot better than I thought they would. You know when you have an idea in you head and just give it a go and hope!
Although, I will say if you're looking for a quick mani, you might want to give this one a miss ;)

Same colours as the last one, all Barry M 66 Matt White, 262 Bright Red and 291 Cobalt Blue.

- Basecoats to start with
- Then just the one layer of the white as this is only going to be a base for the other colours, mainly to make them stand out better - 

- The next step is to paint the red sections on the nail. I just did this using the brush that comes with the vanish - 


- Next, using a small nail art brush, I painted the white stripes down the middle of the red - 


- The blue sections come next, again just using the brush in the polish - 


- To complete the design, I used a dotting tool to paint on the stars. I did this by putting a dot in the centre and pulling out the five points from there.
- Top coat to seal.

I hope you like :)

'Till tomorrow.......

WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment