Thursday, 20 October 2011

Day 3 : Big Cat America

As yesterdays look turned out better than I thought, obviously it was time to do one that didn't turn out as well as I hoped! But, as we know, this blog is for experimenting!!! I tried leopard print in a different way but anyway, here's the look - 

Same colours again! (sorry, but they're just perfect!)
Barry M 66 Matt White, 262 Bright Red, 291 Cobalt Blue and I also used Barry M 320 Gold Foil and  e.l.f Matte Finisher.

- So basecoats to begin
- Then two coats of the red, white and blue. These will be the base for your pattern - 

- I then added the leopard spots. First with the white, then the red, then the blue - 

- I just did this using the brush that comes with the varnish.
- Next, to complete the pattern, I drew round the edge with the gold using a dotting tool
- Finally, the Matte top coat to finish.

I think this look would have come off better if I hadn't added the gold! But hey, I had fun doing it and that's the main thing :)

Last one tomorrow! See you then,

WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment