Friday 20 January 2012

Tied and Dyed

Ever make a tie-dye t-shirt at school?! Aaahh those were the days!!!


Thought I'd try and re-create the tie-dye effect on my nails. I love the pattern on fabrics and think it's such a lot of fun :)
Here's my pink tie-dye - 



I used Barry M in 309 Strawberry Ice-cream and 302 Fushia, one of my absolute favourite Barry M colours :)

- Basecoats to start with
- Then three coats of the paler pink.
- Next I just painted the circles on with the fushia.
- To finish off the design, I used a small nail art brush to add the small lines. You know how you get that gorgeous pattern depending on where you tie your fabric?!
- Top coat to seal it all in.

I'm loving how this one came out! I think it would work in soooo many colour combinations to, or even rainbow! And the best thing about this mani? It doesn't have to be perfect to look great, just like if you were dying cloth.

Hope you enjoy these, and have a fabulous weekend :)

WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment