Wednesday 2 April 2014

Nicole by OPI - Leopard nail art!

Half way through the week! Hooray. I don't like this week, I've decided.

Anyway.

If you follow me on Twitter, you may remember a little while ago I posted this tweet - 

  


- and you may have been wondering, 'Hey Holly, where's the swatches?!'

Well that day has arrived. Kinda.

I didn't want to just swatch the colours, because quite frankly, I'm bored of that! So I picked two and did a little cheeky bit of leopard print with them.

I chose to use My Empire...My Rules (the mink-y brown) and Ladies in the Limelight (the pale yellow).



I swatched them first for you using two coats of the brown and three of the yellow as the formula was a lot thinner.



I then used Barry M Black to complete the design.

The only thing that I can say that I dislike about NOPI is the shape of the bottle. I am not a fan of this and the space it takes up in my polish drawers. But to be honest, that may be the only thing I don't get on with.


The colours are lovely and the formula of the brown especially was great, as the yellow took three coats for full opacity.

Nicole by OPI is OPI's version of a 'drugstore' brand, which is often endorsed by celebrities. These polishes, for example, are part of the 'Kardashian Kolors' collection. Others include Justin Beiber, the TV show Modern Family, Selena Gomez and most recently Carrie Underwood.

As you can see from my tweet, I got this set for £12.99 from TkMaxx, but NOPI are usually £7.99 each and are avaiable from Superdrug here in the UK.

WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment