Sunday 2 August 2015

Red and Black Houndstooth

Hello polished people! I hope you're all having a great weekend :)

Today's mani is actually a submission I created for Nail It Magazine. You can check out their Instagram post about it HERE. They are after some more red and black designs for their Nov / Dec issue (online and print) so they have extended submissions until the 4th of August. And entries are open internationally :)

So as I was due to blog and I have the mother of all creative block recently, I thought why not have a go!

I then thought I'd have a look through the awesome book 'Nail It!' by the superbly talented Sophie Harris-Greenslade of The Illustrated Nail. I've had the book for a while but have yet to attempt any of the deigns so this was the perfect opportunity to dive in :)

The design I settled on is Houndstooth, as I thought it would work well with the colour combo. 






The book is totally stunning and I will definitely be writing a review soon :)

For the mani, I used Chanel Phenix and Barry M Black with the Detail Brush from Sparkly Nails.




I am happy with how the design came out, and I am well impressed that you can tell what it's meant to be!! I think it would look loads better on longer nails though, as you would be able to see the full effect of the pattern.

I will let you know if I get featured in the magazine too :)

I hope you all enjoy today's post and thank you for reading!

WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment