Sunday 20 September 2015

Nails Inc - Battersea Park via Glossybox

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope yo're all having a lovely weekend so far :)

I received my Glossybox a couple of days ago and inside was this lovely Nails Inc polish that I have swatched for today's post. I try to get the Glossybox posts up ASAP as they are still available for a short time after subscribers receive them, just in case anyone is interested in purchasing the current box!

According the the info card in the box, subscribers receive a full sized polish of either a khaki green or dusty pink. I received the khaki green in mine, named Battersea Park. It's is a creme formula khaki with a grey undertone, making it a more muted shade.

In the swatches I am wearing two coats of polish with a top coat - 





I like the formula of the polish, it applied very nicely and was perfectly opaque in two coats. Although I'm a bit disappointed with it generally, as I'm almost certain that the info card that came in the Glossybox is lying to me! 

The polish received in the box is, as you can see from the bottle shot, in the old Nails Inc packaging. The card claims you are receiving a full size polish, which is 10ml and retails for £11.00. That would be fine if Nails Inc had not re-branded over a year ago to celebrate it's 15th anniversary. Their new packaging contains 14ml of polish and is also more expensive, priced now £14.00. 

The product info card claims that you can purchase Battersea Park at Nailsinc.com. And you can. But it also claims that this 'full size' product is £11.00. Which it is not.

Have Nails Inc got a massive back log of old nail polishes that they are trying to shift? Probably. I have to admit that I find it a bit poor that we have been sent cast-off's and leftovers. Who's fault is it? I don't know. But I do know it's put me off both Nails Inc and if my Glossybox subscription wasn't a gift I would be thinking about cancelling. 

Am I being dramatic? Almost certainly. If I was someone just getting into beauty, I would probably be excited at the prospect of a 'free' full size Nails Inc. But I'm not and for a service that claims "Our global experts curate the latest trends and products" on their website, I'm not happy that I've been sent a product that's in packaging that's been redundant for over a year.

All that being said, the polish is still good and it is a good addition to my collection.

Let me know what you think on the matter below!

Thank you for reading :)

WNx

No comments:

Post a Comment