Friday 29 July 2011

Artistry : Mondrian

One of favorite artists ever is Piet Mondrian. He was really the only artist I ever took interest in at school! For those of you unfamiliar, this is a classic example of his work - 



I hope you can see why I thought it would make great inspiration for a nail design! 
I recently discovered a fabulous website called sparkly-nails.co.uk. It's great for all kinds of nail art supplied and at decent prices too. So I bought some black striping tape for £2.20 for about 1.6 metres, and thought I would give this a go!
And here is how it turned out -


As with many things on this blog, this was my first ever try at striping tape, but I think I did alright!

The colours I used are all (suprisingly) BarryM
- 66 Matt White
- 47 Black
- 134 Yellow
- 291 Cobalt Blue
- 262 Bright Red

- So to begin, basecoats and two coats of the white.
- Then I cut small lengths of the striping tape, and used tweezers to place it on my nails to outline the pattern I wanted - 


- Next, using a selection of brushes from my new set off Ebay, I painted two coats of each colour in each space.
- Finish with topcoat.

I must admit that this look really did test my patients! I properly enjoyed doing it though, and I am proud of the finished look. And I must admit, I think it's the best look I've done to date! 

Hope you all enjoy, and don't forget to check out sparkly-nails.co.uk. Amazing site!

Adios :)

WN x




No comments:

Post a Comment