Friday 16 January 2015

A England

Hello polish peeps, and happy Friday!!

I'm super excited to get back into the swing of things on the blog. I didn't realise how much I missed posting until I started doing it again :)

Today I am extra giddy as I've tried a new brand to me, A England. I've always enjoyed seeing swatches of A England colours, and thought it's about time I tried some for myself! 

If you haven't tried A England before and are unsure whether to, I would recommend checking out the ABOUT section on their website. I love a company with such a strong, individual message, as it makes a refreshing change from the 'big', more impersonal (I think anyway) brands. What I like is a story. Where the brand came from, what is the motivation, and I love a good inspirational message!

I picked up two shades from 'The Legend' collection, Princess Sabra and Saint George. Every collection by A England has a story behind it and each name has a meaning. Check out the GLOSSARY for all the definitions.



On to the swatches. First up is Princess Sabra. She is an olive/golden polish, with particles of a more yellow gold, blue and silver, and I think I see a bit of green in there too! 





This polish is two coats of colour with top coat. 
Princess Sabra isn't the best formula of the two, however the colour is still glorious. I love how the different shades of gold create a real depth to the polish.

Close up bottle shot - 



Second is Saint George. This guy! He is a completely goergeous teal/green, packed full with different shades of blue and green.





This polish is swatched with only one coat. Yes, you read that correctly! One coat! And so beautiful. Saint George is my kind of colour. Deep and dimensional, but chic too. Just different enough.

Close up bottle shot - 



I would absolutely be purchasing so much more A England! The polishes are wonderful quality and there a plenty more fabulous shades where these two beauties came from.

A England Nail varnishes are £9.00 each available at A-england.co.uk, however I purchased mine at Nailpolishdirect.co.uk which currently has some A England colours with a third off ;-)

I hope you enjoyed today's post, and I'll see you all on Sunday!

WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment